Tuesday, July 12, 2011

First Day Back

So, it's Jon here again. Just returned home after my second day of work. The first two days back in the office have not been my most productive, but it has been SO good to get back and see everyone. I am limited to four hours a day in the office right now, but I'm looking forward to being able to stretch that out some again soon.

We also went back to therapy on Monday and it was refreshing to be able to get back to "work" on my recovery. Most of the day was spent with evaluation. I must have done okay because the physical therapist felt like two days of therapy a week will be enough. We may push for more as we go along, but I saw that as a positive. The occupational therapist sounds much more aggressive. we will be going three days a week for what he called a "very aggressive" month of therapy. I am a little concerned by that, but am looking forward to some immediate or rapid progress.

We go back to the hospital tonight for another MRI and testing that we hope will reveal a cause for the stroke. I had to have more blood drawn this morning and I am tired of being stuck with needles. Hopefully, we are almost finished with that aspect, too.

Just wanted to give everyone a quick recap and I will keep working on getting Brenda to return to the blog soon. Thanks and God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jon:

    I knew you wouldn't get too much done the first few days...people will be dropping in or calling you to check on you. You know so many people, Jon, and they all just want to wish you well.

    I know what you mean about blood test after blood test after more testing of something else. They want to find out what happened to you....

    Just checking in with you and letting you know you continue to be in our daily prayers.

    Love to you, Brenda and the kids,
    Ellen & Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jon:

    Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you today and am sending love and prayers your way.

    God bless.

    Love,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete